Drained the perineal abscess, put in new gauze that fell off. Is it ok ?

I went to the hospital Sunday night for a perineal abcess they drained it and put packing in it today is Monday I had a doctor appointment he took the gauze they had out and put a new gauze in well what he put in fell out and they won t take me until Wednesday and I don t have any way to hospital until in the morning. What should I do? Is it safe to just let it go until the morning time?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Thanks for the query,

Dont worry just fold a clean washed cloth and put it in the place of wound.

The purpose of gauge is to prevent entry of infection,
This can very well be done by using a cloth.

If possible start taking some oral antibiotic,
This wiil give you additional protection.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you