Done ultrasound in 9th month of pregnancy. Prescribed Loprin. Is it safe?

i m in my 9th month of pregnancyand my due date is around 23rd september 2012, i had an ultrasound on 26th august ,doctor told me everything is fine and recommend some medicines------loprin-75mg and aminogest for 15 days. but on loprin-75 tablet pack it is written that it should not be given in the last three months of pregnancy as it can cause bleeding to mother or child at the delivery time.Please help me whether i should take it or consult some other doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Welcome to HealthCareMagic,
You have not mentioned the name of disease for which Loprin and aminogest were prescribed to you by your doctor, while she knows about your pregnancy.
These drugs may be acceptable in a pregnant women, despite the risk, provided the drugs are needed in a life-threatening situation or for a serious disease, for which safer drugs can not be used or are ineffective.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma