Done ultrasound for injured knee. Suggested ligament tear. Difficulty walking, leg feeling cold and blue. Worried

Hi, I injured my knee playing hockey about a week ago and when I went to see the doctor he gave me and ultrasound and said it looked like I had a ligament tear. He showed it to me and- I don't claim to know how to read an ultrasound by any means- but it looked like there was a gap in one of the lines which I'm assuming was my ligament. He referred me to a sports medicine specialist and wanted me to get an MRI, but I was unable to book an appt. therefore I went to a different doctor and was referred to an orthopaedic surgeon. He then looked at my leg moved it around a bit and said that it looked like the ligaments were fine and sent me on my way with instructions to call if anything got worse. I'm worried because I'm an elite athlete, my leg hurts to walk on and it's always cold and blue. Also the pain I'm experiencing is in the opposite side that the initial doctor thought there was a tear.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013