Done operation of umbilicus sinus. Should I have sex after marriage?

hi, i need to ask you doctor that i had a operation of umbilicus sinus with an opening left by surgeon to be filledup but not stitches, and i have my wedding ceremony after 8 days of operation , i have no pain but multiple bandages are going on, i need to ask you that wether i will do activity of intercourse at night of my Wedding????
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Usually there will not be any connection or relation between umbilicus and sexual organs.Your condition may not interfere with intercourse,but a discharging sinus may cause discomfort and sometimes increased intra abdominal pressure(as occurs during sexual intercourse) may delay healing process.It all depend on the cause,complexity and stage of healing.Your surgeon is the best person to asses this.I suggest you to discuss with him without any hesitation and most probably you will get a positive answer.
In summary, You can have sex without any fear but get a nod from your surgeon before doing so.
Wish you all the best