Done lipid profile. Prescribed Rosouvastatin. Can I stop statin?

Hello Doctor I m 38 year old My father was heart patient so i tested my lipid profile for precautions and my LDL was 158 and cholestrol 240, HDL 45 and triglyceride 100. I visited a doctor he suggested me rosouvastatin 10mg. After 3 months I again tested for lipid profile and sgot sgpt. My cholestrol was 146, LDL 86, HDL 49, Triglyceride 85, sgot 33 but SGPT 112. Is it high due to statin or I should go further for liver function test. Can I stopped to take statin immediately. Pls suggest Regards Prof Dhillon
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012