Done gall bladder surgery. Pain below waistline. Constant nausea. What should I do?

had gall bladder surgery end of september of this year and part of the pain I experienced was just below my waistline on the left side on the back didn t know if it was hip/ joint pain ovaries or kidney related I am now noticing a flare up again after the surgery and wondering what I should do ... nausea consumes me constantly
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012

Thank you for the query.

Left lower abdominal pain can be caused by diverticulitis, left ovarian cyst, urinary tract infection, pregnancy, inguinal hernia.
If you do suffer also from constipations, diverticulitis is probable. If your pain aggravates during the period, ovarian problem can be the cause. If you do suffer also from frequent urinating, burning when urinating it can be uti. If your pain aggravates when coughing and there is some lump in the groin, hernia is possible.
Your nausea can be caused by one of mentioned disease or can be caused by peptic ulcer, acid reflux, bile ducts stones.
It is advisable for you to have abdominal ultrasound, full blood work with liver tests(AST,ALT,GGTP), pancreas amylase, urine analysis and pregnancy test. Upper GI endoscopy might be necessary as well.

Hope this will help.