Done ACL surgery. Will I be able to straighten my leg fully with exercise?

Hey I had a ACL surgery may 30th this year, and I still can t put my leg fully straight, it s like between -9 to -15 degrees for extension but at least i have my full flexion . My doctor told me he put it tight because it s my 2nd surgery, but do you think i will be able to straighten my leg fully with exercise and hard work with the physiotherapy with time? Is there exercise you recommend for it to go faster? Because i go to the physio and we get more extension but it only last for like a couple of hour, than it comes back at like -15.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

After ACL surgery, if you follow the rehabilitation programme properly you can achieve full range of motion.

So I advice you to consult your physical therapist and do regular physiotherapy under his/her guidence.You can full extension of knee with good exercise.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic surgeon