Donated plasma, needle got stucked in left arm, causing a bruise. Is it normal?

So I donated plasma the other day & when the lady stuck me the machine wasnt working so she had to call someone to see what was wrong and he tried to move the needle again but he couldn t figure out what s wrong so he asked someone else and by then I had a fourth person look at it and move the needle but it wasnt working so he had to switch to my right arm . It was weird b/c I NEVER had trouble donating before on my left arm and the other day when that lady stuck me it caused me to have a bruised arm which the guy told me I would have but it won t be a big deal but the way it looks concerns me if its even normal. I don t ever have problems with my body or anything and I m just really concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
You don't mention how long ago it was that you donated plasma. If the staff had to re-adjust the needle a few times then there will be more bruising than normal. You need not worry as the bruising will eventually go down but it may take longer than on previous occasions.