Doing lots of skipping, have knee problems, knots in calf and inner thigh. Could knots be causing pain?

I have been doing alot of skipping and recently had some knee problems, I went to a massage therapist and he found two huge knots in my left calf also I had a knot on my left inner thigh right above my knee, they all seem to be linked and have caused my left leg and knee to become unbalanced and I need to know what stretches I can do to work my inner thigh and whether or not these knots which were very painful and the size of a golf ball could be the cause of my knee issues
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013