Dog bite wound below the lower lip. Cleaned with hydrogen peroxide. Numbness and swelling with pain. Will it heal?

Hi, I had a dog bite me right below my lower lip and the dogs tooth went all the way through my mouth. The doctor did not suture it, and I clean the outside laceration with hydrogen peroxide and have bacitracin on it. I gargle hydrogen peroxide for the inside laceration. However, I still have numbness around my lower lip and it is swollen. I am unable to smile or frown without pain. Also I can feel a numb with my tounge where the laceration on the inside of my mouth is. Will this ever go away? Thank you and God bless.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013