Does washing face too many times a day loses its moisture ?

How many times can we wash our Face twice or thrice a day??because i came across an article that said If You wash your face more than twice a day,the skin loses its moisture.I Use Dove Soap,the temperature is really Hot in this part of the country.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
as and when you wanted to wash the face specialy in hot season.dove is a very good moisturising soap.
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
There is no such specific criteria.
You can wash your face when ever you come across outside air pollution.
In hot weather there is excessive perspiration so you can wash your face when you feel dirty.To avoid loss of moisture take more liquids in such hot weather like fruit juices,buttermilk...avoid excessive use of soap.