Does left arm feel numb before heart attack? High BP. Interpret chances

Hi, I ve never written a doctor online before... How long could left arm numbing sensation persist before it might lead to heart attack or stroke? I ve found almost every other answer about this concern online, except for that one. My husband has had this left arm numbing for two weeks- it s not pain, not tingling - just an annoying numbing. it s also not acute and not completely numb either. It travels but i don t believe there s a traveling sensation - it s very generalized. He has no other symptoms of heart attack or stroke but he also has no symptoms or reasons to believe it is nerve damage either. He has high blood pressure however it has decreased since he stopped drinking 3 nights of the week about 3 months ago. He just had a cardio check up in February and at that time he looked good other than a very high BP , but again that has lowered quite a bit since May. He s 36 this week, healthy weight, non-smoker, no drugs, no medicines, healthy diet (usually) and exercises regularly (weight lifting/cardio). Back to the point - how long could the numbing occur before a serious heart attack or stroke symptom might appear? Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Hello and welcome to HCM
Nobody can predict that at what time heart attack is going to happen but be can calculate the risk factor and by reducing them be can get rid from this condition. The major risk factor in your husband is UNCONTROLLED HYPERTENSION. We doesn't wait to take about two months to control your BP it should be with in days. Constant High BP not only damage your heart but kidneys and other organ also. So please take a regular treatment for High BP.
Other risk factor for Coronary Heart Disease are Family History, Increasing age, Male, Obesity, High Cholesterol and Triglycerides, Low HDL (good cholesterol), Smoking, Alcohol, Lack of exercise, stress and diabetes.
Now related to the problem of numbness it may be due to Uncontrolled Hypertension or Cervical Spondylosis. Please consult your doctor and get your treatment started.
Best Wishes