Does exercising really help lower your resting heart rate and/or anxiety?

Does exercising really help lower your resting heart rate and/or anxiety? My RESTING heart-rate is 105bpm and has been like that for years, and im on a beta blocker too. (If I wasn t my heart would be 100% worse) Everyone says exercising is the KEY to help lower heart rates and anxiety/stress. But how would I start? I dont want my heart pounding out of my chest from exercising because than ill go in an anxiety attack. Even if its good for me I hate that feeling. But if exercise really helps ill do it. I got every test done and im healthy in every way but have a high heart rate, and its really starting to piss me off.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009