Does diabetes only affect obese people ?

I say this isn t true, but overall my friend says it is.Does diabetes only affect obese people ?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Diabetes, can come to you specially if you already have a family history that predisposes you to it. A sedentary life with a poor diet, or being overweight can contribute to acquiring Type II Diabetes. The loss of weight in diabetes, is a result of the basic problem in diabetes which is the lack of insulin that is used to transport the glucose from the blood into cells, thus leaving the cells hungry. These cells then use energy reserves that are stored in fats which ultimately results in loss of weight.