Does chlamydia clears up in males within 6 months without medication?

Hi, my boyfriend has tested equivocal for chlamydia and I have tested negative. He has been retested but we are awaiting the result. He says he has never been with anyone else since the start of our relationship and I know that I haven t either. He says that he was advised by the health center that I could be lying, or that I caught the disease and it cleared up by itself within the 6 months from when I last got tested until the recent results. I ve never contracted an STI before and the test from 6 months ago and from 2 weeks ago both show negative for me. Is it true that chlamydia can clear up in males within 6 months by itself with no treatment (and with no other anti-biotics or medication being taken for anything else)?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013