Does cashew nut reduce cholesterol ?

Is cashew nut a cholesterol lowering nut? I have read about good effects of walnut but never have I read that cashew nut is good or bad.Same about Pistachio.I am not very fond of walnuts so can anyone tell me that just like having a hand full of walnut, can I take a handful of cashew or pistachio ?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Aug 2009
cashewnuts walnuts pistachios almonds...badams all of these in general are though rich in fat but they provide favorable effects to our body ....ofcurse everything shud b in limits .... walnuts are good for brain .... pistachio is rich in iron ..cashews good for skin .... almonds have good ratio of favorable fatty acids for our body...gud for vessels & heart
Cashew nut is not a cholesterol lwering nut. I had the same question a few months ago and I googled it out that Cashew does not have omega 3 fatty acid and it is not a healthy nut for your heart. I am not sure about pista but you should be able to google it out.

cashew nut is often recommended as having properties of building up good cholesterol(HDL), but the quantity of consumption on a daily basis should be limited to about 20 grams at the most.Plain cashews are preferred to salted or roasted ones.

Anonymous's Response
Walnut has omega 3 fatty acids in it apart from other benefits. you can consume that daily in moderation (7 nuts a day) and can see the benefits of lower cholestrol levels as well as a healthy life..
Both wanut n pista are good for heart. Cashew is not good.