Does anybody else find the act fast - stroke advert really upsetting?

As a member of my family recently passed away as a result of a stroke, i find the advert really uncomfortable to watch and i also find it quite upsetting to sit and watch. although i understand it is raising awareness i just find it quite disturbing. does anybody else feel this or is it just me?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
No, personally I don't. As a Nurse I have seen the damage caused to patients who have had a stroke but waited too long afterwards to seek medical attention. To me that justifies the gruelling images. That said, I have never had close family member die as a result of a stroke so I can't say I know how you are feeling. Also, as a Nurse I see these things all the time, therefore I am less likely to be bothered by it. It does raise awareness though, the quicker one acts, the more of a person is saved. Graphic images do make people stop and think and although it might be upsetting to watch, it will save lives in the long run. With regards to those people saying their children are terrified, this is just a personal opinion but I feel children are too 'shielded' in society. Strokes and heart attacks are a part of life. This is the world we are living in. It would be better to explain to your child what is happening and why the advert is being shown in the first place. Children understand more than we often give them credit for. Also, strokes can in some cases happen to young people too. The advert isn't there for entertainment, it's there to save lives. I agree with one of the above posters who said some video games are far worse! Also, if a close relative has died as a result of a stroke, surely you'd want to save someone else that misery? I'm afraid it's the same as people who didn't like the Jade Goody coverage, if you don't like it, turn over.