Does a burnt plastic in the microwave cause any harm to a small baby?

My husband accidentally burned some plastic in the microwave this evening. We don t know what type of plastic was burned, but the smell permeated our small house. We opened a window and turned on a fan to air out the kitchen. We have a 3-year-old and an 18-month-old. How likely is it that either child was harmed by inhaling these plastic fumes? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it shu;d not have any effect as per ypur history
you can yourself see if the children are breathing normally
no cough
no iritatio on skin or other extra symptomps it means n efect
if there was some effect childrem shuold have symptomp like itcing
snezing coughing etc