Do coffee also cause addiction ?

At my work place one of my colleuge who will work from morning will suddenly stop working at about 6 hours after the work and ask for coffee. if provided then only she will be able to work or else she will sit idle. is this coffee addiction ?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Oct 2009
Coffee is addictive. It contains what is called caffeine ehich is a central nervous sytem stimulant. When you drink coffee , caffeine is released which stimulates the brain. When the level of this coffee goes down it will cause with drawl symptoms wanting for next cup of coffee

Yes it does sounds like coffee addiction. Then in that case I am addicted to tea I guess. If i dont get my 11 am tea, even i feel i cannot work. I feels irritated, and not able to concentrate in work.

yes even in my office one aunty starts shouting for coffee after 3pm..i dint know the reason before and now i came to know y she shouts for coffee
  Anonymous's Response

yes this is coffee addiction, coffee contains caffeine which acts as a brain stimulant. also people can get addicted to caffeine and they will become dependent also