thanks for choosing healthcaremagic.com.internal fixation
as it is medically called has many indications-
Absolute- 1. Unable to obtain an adequate reduction
2. Displaced intra-articular fractures
3. Certain types of displaced epiphyseal fractures
4. Major avulsion fractures where there is loss of function of a joint or muscle group
6. Re- implantations of limbs
1. Delayed unions
2. Multiple fractures to assist in care and general management
3. Unable to maintain a reduction
4. Pathological fractures
5. To assist in nursing care
6. To reduce morbidity due to prolonged immobilisation
7. For fractures in which closed methods are known to be ineffective.
does you fracture fall in any of these categories ,if yes it qualifies for internal fixation.