Do I have cancer due to use of tobacco? Why is mouth irritated?

Dear Doctor, I was a gutka ( tobacco) user for more than 18 years and left before 3 years . It was good for me earlier and now for more than six months I am not able to open my mouth more than one inch wide. I suspect I am affected by cancer and ind idgestive system also i have so many problems now. My jaws are aching and I feel very irritated often in inside mouth. What is the next step i can do with simple test to findout and what is the treatment to open my mouth immediatly, atleast to give me some confidence. Kindly help me. I am from south of India.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012