Do Cheerios really lower your cholesterol?

Question Details: I mean, you can't spell cholersterol without the o's and I wouldn't believe some cereal could lower your choleresterol. It must be something else.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
OATS , oat bran reduces cholestrol Cheerios is made from oat flour so, yes it does. However, read the ingredients on the box, see the chemical additives in it too, including trisodium phosphate, Thats a chemical you can buy in the paint department at home depot or at hardware stores as a heavy duty cleaner, and you have to wear rubber gloves to handle it, and yet they put it in your cheerios. Its a small amount, but still, its powerful, and it can gradually cause damage to your digestive tract, and heart burn is one nasty symptom. Its better to just buy oats and make oatmeal, or eat oatmeal cookies or oat-energy bars