Dizziness, vertigo and imbalance,seems like possible labrynthitis but no preceding virus

I am a 38 year old woman with relatively good health and the only medication I take is peppermint oil capsules for IBS three times a day. For about two weeks now I have been suffering with severe fatigue, dizziness and vertigo which seems to have started when I lost my footing on a stair and fell hard, hitting my tailbone. Although my lower back is sore , I can walk fine and I didn t hit my head during the fall. I fainted shortly afterwards from the shock but this is normal for me due to low blood pressure . The symptoms I have are very close to those given for labrynthitis BUT nothing that I have read on this illness suggests that it can occur after such an event; it all states that it is triggered by a virus. I have not suffered any kind of illness recently that would have caused this but the vertigo won t go away and it s really starting to affect my life as I m tired all the time and want to lie or sit down to stop feeling nauseous. It s there all the time but is particularly bad when I get up from sitting or move my head around. Can you help me figure out what this might be? And is this caused by the fall?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011