Hello Ms Kelly,
Clorox contains chlorine and sodium hydroxide with additives. Chlorine is an irritant gas for skin, eyes, lungs and stomach. Inhaled chlorine is the reason for your shortness of breath
and tightness in the chest. Dryness of mouth is due to the effect of chlorine on the mucous membrane
You need to be examined by a family physician at the earliest for assessment of lung damage. He could advice bronchodilator
treatment (to increase the inner diameter of wind pipe). Antibiotics may be required if microbes (bacteria etc) have infected the lung. He will also ensure that there is no pulmonary edema
(flooding of the minute sacs of lung, usually filled with air).
In future, take extreme care regarding storage of such chemicals. Avoid entry into a room where such chemicals have been spilled, unless proper ventilation has already removed (or at least diluted) the harmful gases.
Hope you get over your problems at the earliest and thanks for using healthcaremagic.com.