Dizziness, feels like water in the head. Diagnosed stones in inner ear. Medications increase BP. What can be going on exactly?

My grandmother has been feeling like she has water in her head, and she is very dizzy she cant bend down or she falls, and she can t move her head with out having to sit down. She looks very pale. She has seen her doctor but has told her is was the stones in her iner ear that were causeing this. She has been on medication for a few days now, and it has only been increasing her blood pressure , and not help her at all this time. I don t know what to tell her. She wants to know whats going on and i wont let her drive... PLEASE HELP!
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
WELCOME TO HCM.
IT SEEMS UR GRANDMOTHER IS SUFFERING FROM A DISEASE KNOWN AS BPPV. IN THIS PROBLEM, THE CALCIUM CARBONATE CRYSTALS IN OUR INNER EAR GET DETACHED AND MOVE FREELY WITH CHANGE OF HEAD POSITION. THIS GIVES THE FEELING OF GIDDINESS. NO NEED TO PANIC. ITS A SELF LIMITING PROBLEM AND CAN BE DEALT EASILY WITH MEDICINES. THOUGH GIDDINESS TAKES TIME TO GO,, BUT IT DEFINITELY GETS RESOLVED WITH MEDICINES. SHE NEEDS TO TAKE BETAHISTINE TABLET AND GINKGO BILOBA TAB. NEED TO TAKE HER TO AN ENT SPECIALIST. HE WILL PRESCRIBE MEDICINES IN RECOMMENDED DOSAGES. ALONG WITH THIS ASK HER TO REDUCE HER SALT INTAKE.