Disturbed the whole time finding the solution, eases on getting the answer. What could be the issue?

Hi, My Father in law who is 75-years is suffering from a rare phenomenon, once in a while (mostly during night time) he will get a question in his mind and unless he gets the correct answer he will be very disturbed and once he gets the correct answer he will be relaxed. The questions that he gets are mostly related to some person or place that he has seen/heard earlier in the day. Initially we thought it might be due to Diabetes but that is under control. A few months back his nephew drowned in a river when the full family was around. Would this have caused this issue? What can be done so that he becomes normal again. Please suggest. Thanks, Shankar
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013