Distended lower abdomen, habit of eating oily food, hard bowels,diarrhoea feeling on taking healthy food, continuous belching, farting, bigger and harder lower right abdomen, pain and discomfort below the breast. Treatment?

Hello, Last month, I have noticed that my lower abdomen is distended. It is sticking out especially when I lay flat on my back. I thought it s due to lack of exercise and eating unhealthy foods (always something fried). Also because for the last 3 months, my classes were cancelled (due to flooding) and all I would do everyday is to eat and sleep , after I eat, I sleep. Also it was very hard for me to have a BM. like it would take me 2-3 days.. So i thought this was the problem. But when i started to go to school again, I tried to eat healthy again, and now I have a BM everyday. and my stools are normal, but sometimes, only sometimes, i get this diarrhea feeling. My lower abdomen is really distended, even when i have an empty stomach , or when i wake up in the morning (before i ve always had a flat stomach when i wake up). in the morning i would feel gassy and will constantly burp or fart . Also i have noticed that when i lay flat on my back, i can see that the lower right part of my abdomen is bigger and harder that the left.. I dont feel any pain, i just feel a little discomfort and a lil pain on the left side of my ribs (below my breast ) . I am currently having my final examination thats why I cant go to the hospital, and I know once I go there, they will give me various tests. I have to finish my exams first. please help me this is really bothering me.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
As you describe, it appears that you have some infection of the gut.
I advise you to consult a physician for diagnosis and treatment.
I usually prescribe to my patient with such symptoms ,omeprazole, domperidone,and ofloxacin.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts, and protein rich foods to have good health and resistance against infections.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.