Dislocated shoulder, broken humerus. Edema in the arm. Fluid discharge from the healing wound. What to do?

My Mother just had surgery on her right shoulder a week ago 11/29/2012 - she dislocated her shoulder and broke the humeral ? (ball in her shoulder). This was replaced with metal ball. She is healing nicely with the exception of edema in her right hand and lower right arm . In the last couple of days this has started to weep with a clear liquid. We are doing physio exercises to reduce the swelling. but what can I do to reduce or stop the weeping of this liquid? Thank You - Wendy
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012