Discontinued all exercises after Toric ICL surgery. Any other physical exercise I can do to keep fit ?

Hello Doctor, I had Toric ICL surgery in Bangalore, India on November, 2011. Before the surgery, I used to box and bike but my doctor had strictly advised me against physical exercises. I have stopped boxing altogether and discontinued all kinds of physical exercises. I am a Software Engineer and I have to sit around 12 hrs a days with my laptop. Without any physical exercises, I have become lazy and unenergetic. So I just want to know what kind of physical exercises can I continue. Thanks,
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Please consult a physiotherapist as to what kinds of exercises you can do considering your past history of having had a Toric ICL surgery in November 2011. I believe that physical activity is important and there are exercises that you could do despite your surgery. I hope you also consult an orthopedic doctor to determine the cause of your situation and when you could resume normal activity.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!