Discomfort on tongue, covered with red spots after eating cold stuff. Why is this happening?

Some time yesterday i began to feel a slight discomfort on my tongue . I realized it only hurt when i ate something cold . I didn t think much of it because the pain went away after a little while. Then today again i ate something cold, i looked in the mirror, and my tongue was covered in little red spots. They are pretty small and spread out throughout the tongue without any specific clusters any where. But it got me worried.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012