Discomfort in throat after eating chicken. Could bone still be stuck in throat?

Hi Doc, Good day. I m 29yrs old, Male. Last night i has chicken and i could assume that a bone piece, small, is stuck in my food pipe. I could not conclude if it is really stuck there, since i am able to do my normal work, talk normally, drink coffee etc.. etc.. BUt there is a pain, not exactly pain but more than discomfort in the thoart.. Exactly near the adam s apple.. Now my question is does it really happen? or it s a scar left by the bone piece while travelling to the stomach? Does this have serious life threat?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Hi there,
If i was your doctor i would advise u to get your x ray soft tissue neck done to rule out if there is any piece of bone left in your throat or not. But as you said that you are able to do your normal routine work, chances of it being stuck in your throat are less likely. The discomfort that you are feeling is because of the abrasion in your esophagus that happened because of the bone piece stucked there. It will heal with time and does not have any serious life threat. Try to eat semi solid foods till it heals completely. Drink as much as u can. Glycerine gargles will help to relieve the pain and discomfort.
Dr. Ammar.