Discomfort in left side, under breast in the ribs, slight discomfort while sitting

Discomfort in left side, under breast in the ribs. Feels like I have my elbow in my ribs. No problem with walking, exercise, sometimes when I sit I feel a slight discomfort
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Discomfort in the ribs under the breast can be due to trauma to the ribs.
A X-ray of the ribs can be done to look for any evidence of trauma like fracture of the ribs.
In the absence of trauma to the ribs the pain can also be due to skeletal trauma.
Topical application of muscle relaxants and oral painkillers can help to relieve the pain.
Besides these measures take rest to relieve pain.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal