Discolored, blotchy, and scaly skin. How I can get rid of it?

On my upper body, blotches of discolored skin has formed in patches that slowly begin to spread throughout my back and stomach. I ve had it for a couple years and since then it has been getting worse. The patches of discolored skin is slightly darker and it peels a lot like I m scaling. It doesn t irritate me, but it has been spreading. I have seen a dermatologist , but the ointment given seems to be making it worse. I want to know what it is and how I can get rid of it?
Asked On : Fri, 27 May 2011