Disc degeneration disease, sustained multiple slipped discs in neck, do not use medicines. Why damage is not classified as injury?

Hello, I have disc degeneration disease and have sustained multiple slipped discs in my neck . I have spent several years in therapy, and have been told that damage to my neck will cause me repeated pain, join locking and muscle spasms, even if I maintain a fully physiotherapy excercise regimen. I cannot use medication to aid in dealing with the damage as I have been warned against the repeated use of painkillers to deal with it, and cannot apply topical anti inflammatories as I am allergic to aspirin . Despite this, my family doctor will not classify the damage to my neck as an injury - can you tell me why?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013