Dime size lump on jawline below teeth & not sensitive when eating & I do have a cold now. What these symptoms could be ?

Just today noticed dime size lump on jawline below teeth. Occasionally painful, not sever. Sensitive to pressure applied by fingers. Not sensitive when eating. I do have a cold now. I am a 41 yr old male. What are your thoughts ?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Dentist 's  Response
check whether you have a decayed tooth relating near the lump. consult a denist soon. take care
Dentist Dr. Navneet Kumar's  Response
hi,the condition may be due to inflamed and tender lymph node due to cough and cold .but if you have any deep cavity on tooth of that side or had pain in teeth of that side in past then consult a dentist.