Difficulty urinating after hysterectomy. No fever, pink urine. Normal?

I had a hysterectomy on Tuesday 3/5 and was sent home thursday 3/7. I am barely able to urinate and very uncomfortable with this issue. I have called the doctor and was told it could take a few days and not to worry. How can one not worry? If I don t go into the bathroom every few hours and sit for awhile I wouldn t be able to tell if I have to go.? No fever ......l. Had this issue while in the hospital and was discharged anyway. Urine appears to be a little pink in the bowl from blood . No blood on the paper. Is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013