Difficulty swallowing, lump in throat. Parathyroid tumor removed. History of thyroid problems. Suggestions?

I was in an abusive relationship, which I got myself out of and am going through counseling, however, It was over a week ago and I am having a really difficult time swallowing and have what I think is a lump on my left side of my throat . I will follow up with a Dr but my curiosity is getting the best of me. I have major thyroid issues and had a parathyroid tumor removed 14 years ago. Can you halp me with a ppossible explanation and suggest what tests I should have done before I go to the ER?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012