Difficulty in walking due to knee joint pain. Severe weight gain. Mildly positive TMT test. What are the risk factors?

Hi, I am 60 years old lady. Due to knee joint pains I cannot walk and during last 2 years I have been putting on weight. (Currently I weigh 78 kgs at 152 cms height). My body is very prone to weight gain . I am non diabetic and dont have abnormal BP . I am vegetarian and non smoker as well as non alcoholic. The tmt test has shown mildly positive. Please let me know about the risk factors and how to reduce weight.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012