Difficulty in talking due to having geographic tongue. Need a remedy

I have geographic tongue at least two weeks every month and I ve noticed every time it has a negative effect on my speech. It s much more difficult to get proper air flow to pronounce s s and similar sounds. I always look forward to the day it goes away because it is SO much easier to speak. Although the two weeks I have the disorder I m stressed and humiliated because of the effects it causes in my speech.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Please do understand that you are not the only person who has geographic tongue syndrome. When considering the large numbers, you have nothing to worry. Your difficulty is much more simpler than so many people those who are actually troubled.

Therefore, don't worry and don't lose confidence. Even people without body part don't get humiliated. Even though humiliated, they don't care.

Do visit a speech pathologist or psychologist if need be. Good luck.