Difficulty in straightening, bending leg after sitting, laying down for a while. Reason?

I am 50 Y old, FM. 5 6 120 lbs. average exercise 4x a week. Very healthy. Onset 1mo., left leg. When sitting, or lying down with leg bent, and I move my leg to straighten it out or try to get up and walk, I am experiencing discomfort. The discomfort starts around the knee , front and back, and seems recently to continue up the leg to the hip area. I have not tried taking ibuprofen or any other meds, as I don t like to medicate. Will you please give me your recommendations, and what you think might be my problem . What could have caused this problem also? I Thank You so much! Sara
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013