Difficulty in impregnating, have clear and less viscous semen. Could that be a reason?

Hi, Im a 31 Y/O male. Me and my wife have been trying to have a baby. I already have had two children with my first wife when i was younger. My new wife and i havent had any luck getting pregnant in two years now. We have tried diffrent things and tracked her cycles, but no luck. I have noticed a change in my ejaculate over the past several years. In the past, during my teen years and then in my early twenties when i had my children my ejaculate was thicker and more solid white in color. But for at least the last 5 years thats slowly been changing, it to the point now that it is very thin in viscosity and almost all clear. I am wondering could this be a reason that my new wife is not getting pregnant?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks for your query
yes that can be a cause
you are now an infertile couple, in that case male partner means you need to be examined first. For that your semen analysis needs to be done.
You should not do any sexual intercourse for 2 days and then only you should ejaculate for semen analysis.
If your semen analysis result is within normal limit then your second wife need to be undergone investigation for infertility.
you should consult a gynecologist for that.
wish you good health.
thank you,
Dr. Arnab Maji
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query.
It seems you both partners require investigations.
First you go for your semen examination and if your report is alright then consult Gynaec and get your wife examined and investigated.
Ok and bye.