Difficulty in breathing, sweating profusely after doing a shoulder shrug in gym. Reason?

I was doing a shoulder shrug standing up straight holding a straight bar (barbell) with about 300lbs when I felt a muscle (i think) in my back tighten up and suddenly I found it hard to breathe and I couldn t stand up straight. I started sweating profusely and I left the gym immediately. I have pain when trying to stand up straight or bend all the way over and especially when I try and touch my chin to my chest .......the pain has subsided over night but I am still in a lot of pain when trying to stand up straight/bend over fully or trying to touch my chin to my chest.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013