Difficult to walk, hurts. 77 yrs old, diabetic, Hep C, high BP patient. Causes ?

For the last 6 months, my legs have been hurting more and more. I find it difficult to walk even a few steps without my thighs in the front tightning up, burning and hurting to the point I can t take another step. My doctor wants to send me to pain management , but I want to find out what is causing this. I am 77 years old, female, with diabetes and Hep C , high blood pressure . I take medication for everything except the hep c. Never had any treatment for that. Sometimes I have a problem breathing . Thank you. AAAAA
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
There can be various causes for your pain in thighs.
1... It could be a proximal neuropathy caused by uncontrolled diabetes.
2... It could be due to myosotis caused by taking statins ,which are generally prescribed in diabetics because of associated dyslipidemia.
3.., it could be due to meralgia paresthetica.

Discuss with your doctor regarding these possibilities and their treatment.