Difficult breathing, cough, dry mouth. Advised sleep apnea and CATSCAN as lung capacity is weak. Correct?

I am experiencing constant phlem with cough for 2 months. Causes me to not sleep, also get dry mouth and difficulty breathing. My primary care physician gave me an inhaler with limited results. My cardiologist did a ultrasound of my heart which showed no problem (past history of congestive heart failure). He recommended increasing my Lasix to reduce swelling with limited results. My Polmonologist said my lung capacity is weak. He wants me to take a sleep apnea test for sleep problem and a CATSCAN to get more detail on my lungs. I am concerned whether I am going down the right path but right now I am just grasping at straws for a cure. Thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013