Diet for diabetics

HI we just found out my dads blood sugar is to high it is about 190 when he was tested.Yes he is very over wheight. I would like to know what would be good for him to eat to help keep his sugar down and to lose weight . Yes he is take meds to lower it.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

There are NO foods which must be completely excluded from diabetic diet. It is also NOT necessary to avoid sugar competely. It IS necessary to follow the advice of your medical team and follow a diet that achieves a healthy weight. It IS important to monitor your blood sugar levels and keep them under tight control.  Make sure to follow these guidelines of Low Fat, Low Sugar, Low Salt, Plenty of Fruit and Vegetables, Plenty of Complex Carbohydrates (wholemeal bread, potatoes, grains, beans, peas, and other starchy foods)