Diaper rash, runny nose with cough, fever. Could it be flu or water infection?

Hi my daughter has had a fever for the last 2 days, I have been giving her adol & voltron after 4 & 8 hours, last week she had a severe diaper rash , the doctor thought that this was linked to her molars that are now appearing. Her fever seems to be getting worse it goes up 40 every 5 hours or so and shivering alot, she has also started coughing today with a runny nose , I am awaiting a swab test taken from her throat. It sounds like she may possibly have the flu . Could she also have a water infection, as she still has diaper rash, which is unusual for her?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013