Diagnosed with scabies, used tea tree oil, permethrin cream, itching has worsened. What is the cause?

Hello. I recently treated for what I *think* was scabies , after having been exposed to someone who had them. First I tried using Tea Tree Oil on my skin without mixing it with a carrier oil. Oops. Then I did the prescribed permethrin cream about 4-5 days ago. The bites itch worse than ever now. And now my face has become extremely dry, red, itchy and my eyes are incredibly swollen. Could this be from the Tea Tree Oil? And how long until I know if the scabies are gone. I m very anxious that maybe the permethrin didn t work. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012