Diagnosed with prostate cancer, has become metastatic and radiated to bones from neck to hip, have elevated alp level. What is the prognosis?

Hi my dad is 84 years old Last year in april he got diagnosed with prostate cancer . Since then it became metastatic and went to his bones right thru from the top of the neck to the hips. He is in hospital now with and infection they cant find They are not saying his cancer has not spread to organs or anywhere else and keep doing blood tests. His alp level is over 4000 could this be making him sick I feel this is the end or am I panicking for nothing
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012