Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
I can assure you that disc bulge with minimal thecal sac indentation
is not at all a serious problem. So dont take hasty decisions to quit the job. You can comfortably travel without issues but with some precautions.
Disc bulges may regress over a period of time if it is not subjected to mechanical stresses as like in bending forwards and lifting heavy weights, in which case they will get worsened causing disc prolapse
I suggest you to follow the below mentioned guidelines -
* Use a lumbo sacral support while travelling
* Avoid lifting heavy weights
* Physiothearpy for back muscles strengthening
* Ocassional analgesics /muscle relaxants
* Avoid smoking
- as this will cause early disc degeneration.
Hope this helps