Diagnosed with polymyositis, weak movement of arms and legs. On prednisone, methotrexate. Help?

Hi Dr Im a 40 yr old male that lives in N.j. i was diagnose with polymyositis round ten yrs ago been on meds such as prednisone ,mycophenolate, methotrexate ,ect i jus seen a post where a comment was made that a person with my condition has a life span of 10 yrs i just had a son now im really scared plus my condition all of a sudden has become not so good movement in arms is hard and legs are getting weak my meds where reduce maybe time to increase again
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013